Ivan Mihaljevic & Side Effects, a well-known power rock trio from Zagabria, are going to be the opening band of Whitesnake’s concert at “Zagabria Sports Hall” this Saturday, 15 June, at 21:00.
David Coverdale and mates, coming from yet another triumphant tour in Japan, are about to land with their sound also in Europe, which has seen them being among the undisputed protagonists of world’s hard rock scene for 36 years.
Ivan Mihaljevic & Side Effects are the opening act of the event: coming from an extraordinary year full of very remarkable live shows (Wacken Open Air, Giro d’Italia, Ritmi Globali Europei, Heineken Jamming Festival).
Ivan Mihaljevic & Side Effects are:
Ivan Mihaljevic (vox and guitar), Alen Frljak (drums) and Marko Karacic (bass).
The Croatian band released three albums (“Sandcastle”, 2008 – “Destination Unknown”, 2010 -“Counterclockwise”, 2012) and have had many great collaborations including:
– Opening act for Paul Gilbert (Mr Big, Racer X) in October 2008
– Opening act for Richie Kotzen (Poison, Mr Big) in Rijeka and Zagabria in 2010
– Worked with John Denner on his solo album ( featuring also Billy Sheehan, Brett Garsed, Phil Hilborne…)
– Ivan Mihaljevic was nominated Best Shredder in 2010 by www.truthinshredding.com
– “Destination Unknown” was the “Album of the Month” in March 2011 edition of the biggest European guitar magazine, “Guitar Techniques”
A huge crowd is expected at the Zagabria Sports Hall for Whitesnake’s gig on June 15th. You can buy tickets here: http://www.eventim.hr/hr/ at a price of 199 kunas (26,62 euros ca.)
Due to logistical/geographical reasons, those who could find it difficult getting to Eastern-Europe for the gig can keep in touch with the band’s artistic issues, thanks to the Cover Story (issue #25) for the American Vents Magazine, which will be published soon.
An exclusive interview will be on the cover article, which sees Ivan Mihaljevic & Side Effects as protagonists once again!
Check out the Official website: www.ivanmihaljevic.com
or Facebook: facebook.com/imandse